Moonlit Sanctuary is an ideal location to arrange an excursion for Foundation to Year 12 students who are learning English as an additional language. We provide an introduction to the diversity and uniqueness of Australian wildlife. Students are able to have hands on experiences with our friendly free roaming animals and trained education animals.
Our Education Officers are experienced in intercultural communication and can adapt the sessions to a range of English language levels with a focus on experiences.
Primary and Secondary students
The program will include 90 minutes of educator-led sessions (3x30minutes for 4 – 5 groups or 2×45 minutes for 1-3 groups).
In the educator-led program students can have a close encounter with our education reptiles, including lizards and a python. They will also have a guided tour of the Park to observe and meet our diverse Australian birds and mammals.
In a teacher-led session students will be able to access our Wallaby Walk with some Roo-food and meet our free roaming wallabies and kangaroos.
NOTE: Our programs do not include special encounters such as Koala Petting. If this is a priority for your students please advise us in your inquiry.
To inquire about Tertiary International Students please contact us at email@example.com to arrange an admission-only visit and/or a guided tour with one of our knowledgeable keepers.
Cost per student including admission: $17.50
The program includes 90 minutes of educator-led sessions, and 1 teacher-led session in the Wallaby Walk.
Cost per student to extend educator-led program: $8.30
An additional educator-led session replaces a teacher-led session.
Please contact us for more details about possible options including an encounter with trained show animals or educator-led station activities and a guided tour of the Wallaby Walk.
Extra adults over the below ratios: $18.00 (to a maximum of 1:1)
NOTE: all programs have a minimum charge for 15 students if fewer attend.
All prices include GST
ADULT TO STUDENT RATIO
Foundation to Grade 2: 1 adult included free of charge for every 5 students
Grade 3 and above: 1 adult included free of charge for every 10 students
Carers and Aides (for students with physical or learning needs): 1 included per student
Learning aides do not affect ratios
Translators: 1 included free of charge per class
Extra adults over the above ratios: $18.00 (to a maximum of 1:1)
On the day, a Wallaby Walk info booklet will be provided to leading teachers and other supervising adults to assist them in facilitating these activities.
Digital copies of this resource can be found here: Guide to Wallaby Walk and Species Identification
GROUP SIZE, STUDENT NUMBERS AND TIMETABLE
- Program can be run with 1 to 5 groups
- Group maximum of 25 students due to classroom size and to provide opportunities for individual experiences.
- Group minimum of 15 students (invoiced for 15 even if fewer attend)
- Schools with greater than 125 students can visit over multiple days.
Groups of 1 to 3 classes (approx. 16 to 75 students):
- 90-minute educator-led program will be divided into 2 x 45-minute sessions + 1 teacher-led session in the Wallaby Walk
- Educator-led sessions consist of an indoor reptile encounter session and an outdoor Park-based session.
Groups of 4 to 5 classes (approx. 75 to 125 students):
- 90-minute Educator-led program will be divided into 3 x 30-minute sessions + 1 teacher-led session in the Wallaby Walk
- Educator-led sessions will consist of an indoor reptile encounter session and two outdoor Park-based sessions in different zones.
An example of a timetable for 4 groups based on a 10am arrival is shown below.