- Published times of shows or activities may vary.
- The operation of some activities may be affected by adverse weather conditions or maintenance activity.
- When visiting Moonlit Sanctuary, you must supervise children under 15 who are with you. Adults and carers are responsible for persons under their supervision. Adults and carers must be 16 years and older.
- No food or beverages may be consumed in the Wetlands Cafe that were not purchased at the Wetlands Cafe.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs of any type shall be brought onto the premises.
- Due to quarantine requirements, no animals are permitted within the park, with the exception of assistance dogs. Assistance dogs are not allowed in some areas of the Sanctuary and it is the owner’s responsibility to talk to Sanctuary staff in advance of attendance for guidance.
- No scooters, skateboards, bicycles, rollerblades, skates or motorised vehicles are allowed in Sanctuary grounds.
- Moonlit Sanctuary is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You must not infringe those rights.
- Vehicles are parked at your own risk. The Company will not be responsible for loss of, or damage to any vehicle, accessory or contents in, or on any vehicle
- The Sanctuary is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is permitted in the car park. Vaping or e-cigarettes are also not permitted within the Sanctuary.
- The Sanctuary reserves the right to refuse entry or remove guests from the Sanctuary for vandalism, stealing, offensive or violent behaviour, queue line jumping, failure to properly supervise persons under your care, failure to follow safety instructions or failure to comply with these Conditions of Entry. Such actions may result in immediate eviction from the venue without a refund. Additional action may include Police involvement and /or a venue ban.
- The Company reserves the right to inspect your bags at any time for security purposes.
- Any photographs, videos or sound recordings taken by you must be for personal use only. Any use, reuse or production for commercial purposes without our express written consent is strictly prohibited.
- The Company reserves the right to photograph guests at any time for security purposes or for use in connection with the promotional activities and general commercial operations of the Company. You expressly agree to the use of your image and likeness for these purposes without compensation.
- The use of image recording devices is not permitted in any changing room or bathroom facility.
- Please report any incidents to staff immediately.
- Tickets, vouchers and passes must be original, display an expiry date and be presented prior to that date, Photo ID and matching signatures are required on request. Fraudulent use will be referred to the police.
- Guests may not display anything that contains obscene, foul, profane, illegal or unacceptable language, photos, images, symbols, or phrases, etc. If your clothing does not comply with these regulations, appropriate attire is available for purchase at Gift Shop.
- Please do not leave your bags or belongings unattended.
GENERAL TICKET CONDITIONS
Ticket Issue, Delivery and Refund Policy
- E Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be transferred.
- Check promotions for redemption dates. Some promotions will not have a one year validity.
- Discounts and promotions are not valid with any other promotions
- Prices are subject to change without notice. All prices in AUD and include GST.
- Tickets can only be purchased through this website by using a major credit card. Your credit card will be debited at the time of ordering.
- In the unlikely event that you believe any unauthorised use of your credit card has occurred, please immediately notify us by email and contact your bank directly.
- Handle your e-ticket as you would cash. Be cautious if someone offers to sell you this document – it has no official resale value and may be an unauthorised copy.
- Lost, damaged or stolen tickets cannot be replaced.
- Concession tickets are valid for pensioners, students and seniors upon presentation of valid ID.
- Upon completion of your ticket or encounter purchase you will be emailed an e-ticket.
- Valid photo ID and credit card used for purchase may be required to validate your purchase.
- Membership pass holders must present membership cards on arrival.
- E-ticket can only be used once.
- A child ticket is valid for children aged between 4 and 17 years of age. People 18 years old and above are classified as adults. Children aged between 0 and 3 years do not require an admission ticket.
- Adults are responsible for minors under their supervision.
- You must obey all responsible written and verbal instructions and warnings given by Moonlit Sanctuary staff and volunteers
- You are responsible for your own personal property.
- Moonlit Sanctuary takes all responsible steps to provide you with safe and enjoyable attraction experience. However, it will not be liable for any person in respect of any loss of or damage to the personal property of, or the loss of life or personal injury to, any person, whether that loss, damage or personal injury is caused by any persons negligence (including the negligence of Moonlit Sanctuary) or otherwise. This exclusion of liability does not apply to liability that cannot by law be contracted out of, for example, because of the Trade Practices Act.
- In these Conditions of Entry, “Moonlit Sanctuary” includes the owner and operator of Moonlit Wildlife Sanctuary and all Moonlit Sanctuary staff.
- Moonlit Sanctuary gift cards have an expiry date of 3 years.
- Gift cards are not transferable for cash and may not be resold.
- Monetary gift cards may be used to purchase admission tickets, night tours, animal encounters or any other ticket product either online or at the Sanctuary. They cannot be used in the cafe or gift shop.
- Ownership of a gift voucher does not automatically guarantee availability of encounters or tours. The gift voucher holder is responsible for checking if a booking is required for the experience they want. This can be done on the Moonlit Sanctuary website or by phoning the admissions desk.
- If the purchase made with your gift card does not use the full amount on the card, the remainder will stay on the card and can be used for another purchase.
- Bookings are recommended for encounters and tours.
- Bookings are always required for night tours, Behind the Scenes tours, Keeper for a Day programs and Keeper Club.
SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAM ENTRY CONDITIONS
This program includes activities around and about Moonlit Sanctuary, including but not limited to: close physical contact with mammals, birds, non-venomous reptiles, frogs, insects and other invertebrates; craft activities; preparation of animal food; cleaning of enclosures; bush walking; tree planting and maintenance; field work; animal observation; ponding and other activities related to the management of a wildlife and the conservation park.
1. The PARENT/GUARDIAN must disclose any pre-existing medical or other condition that may affect the risk that either the CHILD/MINOR or any other person will suffer injury, loss or damage.
2. The PARENT/GUARDIAN acknowledges that the PROPRIETOR relies on the information provided by the PARENT/GUARDIAN, and the PARENT/GUARDIAN states that all such information is accurate and complete.
3. The PARENT/GUARDIAN understands and acknowledges the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind altering substance before or during the described activity, and the PARENT/GUARDIAN accepts full responsibility for injury, loss or damage associated with the consumption of alcohol or any other mind altering substance.
4. The PARENT/GUARDIAN agrees with the PROPRIETOR and has explained to the CHILD/MINOR that they will obey and will comply with all rules and directions made or given by the PROPRIETOR in connection with the described activity. If a CHILD/MINOR fails to comply with the PROPRIETOR’S rules and/or directions, the CHILD/MINOR will not be permitted to continue the described activity, and no refund will be given.
5. The PARENT/GUARDIAN accepts all risks associated with the activity, including the possibility of injury, death, loss or damage.
6. The PARENT/GUARDIAN agrees to indemnify the PROPRIETOR against all claims made by any other person against the PROPRIETOR in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the CHILD/MINOR’s failure to comply with the PROPRIETOR’S rules and/or directions.
7. The PARENT/GUARDIAN agrees and acknowledges that, to the extent permitted by law, the PROPRIETOR shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by the CHILD/MINOR or by any other person arising from or in connection with the CHILD/MINOR’s participation in the activity, whether such injury, loss or damage was caused directly or indirectly by the negligence of the negligence of the PROPRIETOR or otherwise, or by the PROPRIETOR’S servants or agents. The PARENT/GUARDIAN hereby releases the PROPRIETOR from all such claims, and indemnifies the PROPRIETOR against all claims made by or on behalf of any other person.
8. To the extent permitted by law, the PARENT/GUARDIAN acknowledges and agrees that all warranties, covenants and stipulation’s are hereby excluded.
9. All accidents, injuries, loss or damage must be reported by the CHILD/MINOR to the PROPRIETOR before the CHILD/MINOR leaves the PROPRIETOR’S property.
10. If the CHILD/MINOR suffers any injury or illness, the PARENT/GUARDIAN agrees that the PROPRIETOR may provide evacuation, first aid and medical treatment at the PARENT/GUARDIAN’S expense, and the PARENT/GUARDIAN’S acceptance of these terms and conditions constitutes the PARENT / GUARDIAN’S consent to such evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment.
Please note: Moonlit Sanctuary staff will not be responsible for the administration of any medication. Medical information is required in case of an incident requiring first aid or other medical attention. Should your child require medication during their time at Moonlit Sanctuary, please ensure that your child is aware of the dosage and how to administer appropriately.
Failure to disclose any medical conditions may result in your child being excluded from activities up to and including being sent home. This is for their health and safety while in our care.
Moonlit Sanctuary reserves the right to cancel or change times on any day due to extreme weather, maintenance or any other situation of concern.
Refunds are not available for any cancellations. Alternate dates will be offered by Moonlit sanctuary where these are available.
CONDITIONS FOR FEEDING ANIMALS
The feed we provide to feed our birds or animals may contain traces of milk and nuts
- All birds and animals can carry diseases which may be transmitted to people, please ensure you wash your hands with soap and water after handling animals and before eating or drinking
- Some people are more at risk such as the young and elderly or people who are or have recently been sick
- Pregnant woman should not feed wild birds
- Adults must supervise children
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Current membership card must be presented upon each visit
- Membership entry is not valid for special events unless otherwise stated – a surcharge may apply
- Membership subscription is payable 12 months in advance and is non-transferable
- A membership renewal offer will be forwarded prior to the expiry date of the current membership
- Vehicles are parked at your own risk. The Sanctuary will not be responsible for loss of, or damage to any vehicle, accessory or contents in, or on any vehicle
- Government issued concession card must be provided to receive discounted concession member rates.
Please be aware of the following risks:
DEEP WATER: Deep water can be found within Moonlit Sanctuary. Swimming in or drinking from these waterways is prohibited. Children must be appropriately supervised at all times within Moonlit Sanctuary.
FALLING TREE LIMBS: Moonlit Sanctuary regularly inspects and manages our trees to protect your health and safety. Despite this, trees may shed branches that may land well beyond the tree canopy spread. When standing or sitting near trees we ask that visitors be aware of the unpredictable way that branches may fall and land.
SNAKES: Moonlit Sanctuary is home to several species of snake. If you see a snake: Do not approach the snake. Wait for the snake to move off the path. Remember that snakes are protected species and an important part of our bushland ecosystems.Please report sightings to a staff member
IN AN EMERGENCY Please call the Visitor Centre during business hours on 5978 7935