THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON 27/4/2020
We might not be able to visit wildlife parks like Moonlit Sanctuary at the moment but don’t forget you have wildlife all around you every day.
We’re asking you to look around your own backyard, home or balcony and discover the wildlife that’s there. A pigeon might land on your fence, a snail could crawl across the garden, an ant may have discovered a crumb in your kitchen or you might see a lizard enjoying some sunshine in the yard.
Take photos and send us your very best for a chance to win a $100 Moonlit Sanctuary gift voucher to come and visit us and our wildlife once we open again.
Remember to stay safe. Even very small wildlife can bite or sting and be dangerous so ask an adult before getting close.
How to enter
Take photos of something wild around your home and send them to us from the form below.
Tell us the name of the wildlife you’ve photographed and a sentence with a fact about it.
Name your photo(s) with your own name – e.g. ‘First Name Surname – Backyard Wildlife 1’ and if you enter more than once change the number on the end to 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. There is a maximum of 5 entries per person.
Competition runs from Tuesday, 7th April to Friday, 24th April 2020 at 5pm. Winners will be announced Monday 27th April 2020.
Who can enter
Kids from Foundation to Year 12 are invited to enter and to learn about wildlife that’s close to home.
Entries will be judged in the following age groups:
Foundation to Year 2
Year 3 – Year 6
Year 7 – Year 9
Year 10 – Year 12
Superb fairy-wrenMoonlit Sanctuary
- Your photos shouldn’t have any people in them
- Don’t edit or manipulate your photos (e.g. with Photoshop)
- Submit your entry only via the online form. No entries will be accepted via email or any other method
- Tell us the name of the wildlife you’ve photographed and a sentence with a fact about it
- Name your photo(s) with your own name – e.g. ‘First Name Surname – Backyard Wildlife 1’ and if you enter more than once change the number on the end to 2, 3, 4, 5
- There is a maximum of 5 entries per person
- Photos must be your own work
Moonlit Sanctuary will share some entries on their social media pages during the competition and will post all winning images once they have been announced.